Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Yes Equals Success! From Dr. Norberto Keppe

Yes Equals Success!
An Introduction to the work of Dr. Norberto Keppe
By Moneen Daley Harte

Can success be guaranteed? Pretty much. In fact, there are two questions to ask and if you answer those questions honestly and affirmatively, you can be nearly assured of success. Seems simple, doesn’t it? So, why do we fail so much of the time? Brazilian Social Psychologist Dr. Norberto Keppe points to envy and has some revolutionary answers based on 30 years of clinical research. Dr. Keppe believes we are created from God’s essence of Goodness, Truth and Beauty. However, our blinding drive to create and control in a godlike fashion (theomania) limits our experiences. Dr. Keppe has written over 30 books on the subject of hope based on the concepts of accepting reality and has created an internationally recognized school of thought called Analytical Trilogy.

We’ll get to those two intriguing questions in a moment but first I’d like to further explain Keppe’s definition of envy. Envy comes from the Latin word invidÄ“re meaning “not to see”. This unwillingness to see often keeps us somotized and keeps us from the loving paradise God has created for us. For the past three years I have benefited greatly from studying Dr. Keppe’s work in an effort to be a better mother, wife, daughter, friend, business owner and concerned citizen of the planet. I care deeply about our community and have something to share…including my own failings.

Dr. Keppe teaches we are what we don’t know about ourselves and outlines the antagonistic forces in our psychological lives that battle continuously: conscious vs. unconscious, good vs. evil, accomplisher vs. destroyer, friend vs. enemy. These attitudes seem black and white and easily understood. However, if we sincerely shine a light on how we are using our free will, we can see where we may be in the dark or suffering from envy.

I’ve discovered that while I have countless blessings--a loving marriage, beautiful and intelligent children, a creative and rewarding career and rich personal life--I am capable of setting a match to it all because of my arrogance and envy.

Here are some specific examples. When I nitpick at my husband for things he has not done, rather than appreciate his goodness, I am envious or blind to the fact that he is the strong moral compass for our family. When I censor my children and their expressions, I am envious of their natural closeness to God and their spiritual lives. When I display anger or frustration over caring for my ailing mother, I am envious that she is truly deserving of loving care. When I limit plans with friends or family, I am blind to the joy community celebration brings. When I sabotage a collaborative creative endeavor, I display arrogance by not sharing in the transcendence of creation and down grade spiritual and professional success which brings me back to those two questions on how to determine success.

When making a decision, please ask yourself:
1) Does your reason (inner love and ethics) approve of what you want to do?
2) Is what you are thinking about doing in accordance with the feelings of affection and goodness?

If you answer yes to both these questions, it’s a good sign you will be successful in your venture, whatever that may be. And if you answer no, ask yourself what is your true motivation. Analytical Trilogy offers a unique spin on psychological analysis through interiorization. This dialogue between patient and therapist opens the door to hidden fears in our subconscious and frees us to make better conscious decisions.


These concepts from Dr. Norberto Keppe are strong and complicated and I am not an expert. I am a passionate student and eager to share more if you are interested. To learn more about Dr. Keppe and his work, please visit http:// www.trilogia.ws. I welcome your comments as well. If you would care to join a study group to learn more, please write me anytime at Moneen@MoVibe.com. Thank you for your time and open mind!
Health, Happiness and Hope to you and yours!

No comments: